A whiskey gets its color and character from the cask in which it ages and matures. This Double Cask whiskey goes through the process twice. The first five years of maturation in a new charred oak barrel makes it a bourbon. That bourbon then experiences secondary maturation in decades-old casks seasoned by Pedro Ximenez sherry that adds a touch of sweetness, and yields a smooth and impressively complex spirit.
- COLOR: copper to mahogany
- NOSE: autumnal notes of dried apricot, mission fig, and dried date
- PALATE: stewed prune and black raisin, with hints of candied orange peel; vanilla butter cream and toffee underneath
- MOUTHFEEL: rich, sticky cinnamon roll with raisins and spice
- FINISH: dark dried fruit, followed by warming brown baking spices